My home has failed accreditation - now what?
Take a deep breath…...it’s going to be ok.
We can help you. At ACDN we have Nurse Advisors and Nurse Administrators who have worked with organisations to get them successfully through the other side of Time For Improvements and Sanctions.
If you are on this page you are probably feeling stressed, angry, worried and pretty confused. As a leader the worst thing you can do right now is panic.
Often organisations waste precious time when they receive the news that they have failed one or more standards trying to work out what to do, arguing with the outcome and responding inappropriately - ultimately making things worse.
We have an effective and efficient process of taking you from failing accreditation to high performing home that operates beyond compliance. Unlike many organisations we don’t just come in, take over and do it all for you. We are committed to ensuring quality of care and life for residents so we work with your staff to build capacity so that when we leave standards do not slip.
Our 7 step RECOVER framework ensures a systematic review of your systems, processes and outcomes. We immediately commence implementing actions to address serious risk issues and work with leadership teams to establish a recovery and continuous improvement plan. Our steps are as follows:
- Review the report and develop a response with the leadership team to set the scene for recovery. Create a living continuous improvement and recovery plan based on initial information as well as a governance structure to support ongoing monitoring.
- Engage with relatives, residents and staff and develop a comprehensive communication plan whilst responding to concerns.
- Conduct a full care plan review of all and any residents identified at serious risk by the agency and all high risk areas such as medication management, falls, pressure injuries and wounds, weight loss, restraint and staffing.
- Operationalise implementation and action plans working with staff and involving residents and their carers.
- Validate and evaluate improvements to ensure the required outcomes are being achieved.
- Educate staff at all levels through multiple learning platforms to improve and ensure saturation of knowledge and understanding of new work practices.
- Return the home to the provider, working with the leadership team to ensure ongoing sustainability.
Ultimately you will see a turnaround as quickly and effectively as is possible under these circumstances.
Three key benefits you will see by working with us are:
- Results - we use strategies that work and that stick.
- Productivity savings - we implement improvements that are efficient and save costs in many areas as well as get sanctions lifted as early as possible to enable re-establishment of revenue.
- High levels of satisfaction amongst staff and residents alike by the end of the process building quality of life and quality of care and making the home a great place to work once again.
Book a call now for a free consultation with Amanda
or Join Mailing List to Stay on top of changes in this space